McFadden House, Chehalis, Lewis County, Washington
Mr. Saunders was the founder of Saundersville, later to become known as Chehalis. The building remains undisturbed, the street in front was plotted to parallel its frontage. This building was used as the Post Office of Saundersville, and was later purchased, in 1859, by Obediih B. McFadden, who was later appointed first Chief Justice of Washington Territory, by President Buchanan in 1861.
MATERIALS OF Construction - Squared log walls, mortise and tenon corners. Shingle roof. Considerably altered and added to.