St. Louis Roman Catholic Church, Buffalo New York
In 1829, the land was donated to the Roman Catholic community by Louis LeCouteule as a result of persuasion by Father Eadin.
After receipt of the property in 1829, the congregation under the direction of Father Merty completed a log structure in 1832. A brick structure, considered at the time of its completion in 1843, to be the largest church building in the United States, was built under the direction of Father Pax. A fire of March 25, 1885, in a nearby building spread to the church, leveling the structure. Immediately after the fire the congregation erected a temporary wooden structure which was used until the present church was completed in 1889. The church was consecrated in 1913.