Joseph Johnson House, Port Republic New Jersey
The date of erection is uncertain. When photographically documented in 1960, it was believed that the house was constructed ca. 1760, However, since that time, the house has been dated to ca. 1835.
The interior was remodelled in the 1880's. Partially destroyed by fire in 1965.
The size of the original section of the house is 24'-2'' x 20'-7'', Two-and- a-half-stories. Overall length including L-shaped addition is 53'.