This brick home was built in 1876 for Frederick A. Rex, a successful grocer. This was one of the last remaining rowhouses representative of the upper class residential neighborhood which characterized Cooper Street. The house was three stories and featured a semi-circular arched entryway with brown sandstone surround and keystone wood cornice with brackets. This structure had a side hall plan, the interior was severely vandalized. It was demolished for the Newton Friend's meeting house.