Historic Structures

Old Custom House, St. Paul Minnesota

Date added: May 5, 2010 Categories: Minnesota Courthouse Richardsonian Romanesque

The 39th Congress (1866) passed a bill for the purchase of a site and erection of a building at St. Paul, for a custom house, Post Office, federal coort and other necessary government offices.

The land was purchased in 1867, building started in 1868, and completed in 1875.

Exterior walls are constructed of native lime stone, base and trim of granite.

Old Custom House, St. Paul Minnesota 1934 EXTERIOR DETAIL
1934 EXTERIOR DETAIL