St. Peter's Catholic Church, Mendota Minnesota
Built by the St. Peter's Catholic Church in 1855 and used continuously since then. Very interesting stone building. The original roof was of hand-split pine shingles. The first seats were of pine, split and handadzed. The rear part was originally used for living quarters by the priest. Father Ravoux was the builder.
The tower was added in 1880. A Mr. McCunn installed the bell. The inside of the exterior walls were later stripped, covered with boards and cloth, and painted.
In 1903-4 Ferdinand Beaudette made alterations, excavating under the floor which originally rested on the ground, putting in a heating plant, reducing the balcony in size, and adding some partitions.