Trinity Chapel, Excelsior Minnesota
Built by the Episcopal Church, on 3rd St., as a memorial chapel, through the inatrumentality of Mr. Arthur Vickers, an Englishman, and largely through aid derived from England. C.A.F. Morris built a log church which preceded this chapel.
The first pastor was Mr. J. S. Chamberlain. In 1864 Bishop Whipple visited the church and administered rites of confirmation.
The construction is the earliest monolithic in this region. It is built of lime and pit run gravel concrete, poured in wood forms of 15" wide boards, which were raised at each pouring. The Architect and Builder are unknown.
It was moved to its present site about 1907 a Guild Hall added in 1928, and the pulpit designed and built by a parishioner in 1930.