Michigan Central Railroad Station (New York Central), Battle Creek Michigan
Presidents William McKinley and William Howard Taft spoke here. The first passenger train that stopped at this station was on June 27, 1888. It carried members of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Michigan Central operated the station from 1888-1930. In February, 1930 the New York Central Railroad took over.
The building is One and one half stories with tower; elongated rectangle with projections. It is constructed with brick and stone.
Significant features include hip roof, wide bracketed overhangs, arched windows and doorways, porch, high brick tower, one hipped dormer on south side.