William Tallman Warehouse, New Bedford Massachusetts
One of the oldest remaining commercial buildings in the old waterfront area of New Bedford, with hoisting equipment preserved.
Land was purchased by William Tallman in 1790. The building was purchased by William Watkins in 1853, and by John McCullough in 1904. In 1888 it was occupied by a hardware business on the first floor, offices on the second floor, storage on third floor. It was purchased by the N. B. Wholesale Beef and Provision Co., Inc., in 1928.
The structure is approximately 26'-10''(E-W) x 39'-0" (N-S). Brick, 3 1/2 stories. Although its address is Front Street, it was actually built long before Front Street existed.