Merchants and Mechanics Banks Building, New Bedford Massachusetts
A commercial building forming part of the old waterfront district of New Bedford, designed by Russell Warren in the form of a Greek Ionic temple. North half built for and owned by the Mechanics Bank; south half built for and owned by the Merchants Bank. In the early 1890's both banks moved out of the building.
While one architect, Russell Warren, designed the building, two different builders built it. Robert Chase built the north half and Dudley Davenport built the south half.