Memorial Hall (First Deerfield Academy), Deerfield Village Massachusetts
The first building of the Deerfield Academy, occupied by them nearly 80 years until 1878, after which it became the home of a museum noted for its study and preservation of local history and associated artifacts.
Enlarged by building on a third story and adding a three-story wing in 1810. A another new wing was added in 1916.
Original plan attributed to Asher Benjamin, architect. This building shows the form of an Academy building at the close of the 18th century, and as altered, in the early 19th century. Three stories front: 28' x 60' wing: 33' x 33'; mean section and wing forming L-plan.