Derby Summer House, Danvers Massachusetts
This house was moved from the Elias Hasket Derby Farm, Peabody MA in 1901. The home features wooden quoins on the first floor; central arched opening with flanking arched windows with wooden keystones; 2nd floor decorated by fluted Ionic pilasters and swags; pedimented gable ends with modillions; finials above the gediments include flanking urns and two almost life sized statues, "The Gardener" and "The Shepherdess".
During the mid 19th century, the summer house was raised onto stone underpinnings and latticed doors added to the arched openings. The statue, "The Shepherdess", is a replica, the fire-damaged original being in the Peabody Institute.