St. John's Episcopal Church, Ashfield Massachusetts
On November 13, 1823 the church 1823, voted to take measures for building the church. 1824 - timber cut and work began. Cornerstone laid April 4, 1825. Completed December 23, 1827; consecrated October 1828. In 1834 first organ installed in gallery. 1844 - church was painted. About 1855 - chancel was built, 1860 - present organ installed in gallery later moved to present location south of chancel and new robing room made in opposite corner, 1887 - bell installed, and building repaired. 1921 - Anne Combe Owen memorial window installed, 1923 - plastering and interior woodwork repaired and painted.