Francis D. Perry House (Trinity Church Rectory), Southport Connecticut
Francis D. Perry was born in Southport on October 2, 1809. He was the son of Miah Perry and grandson of Peter Perry, one of the village's early large land-owners. In addition to inheriting some of his father's wealth, Perry was president of Southport National Bank, and Secretary-Treasurer and Trustee of Southport Savings Bank. He was a devoted member of Trinity Church throughout his life. Upon Mrs. Perry's death in 1893, the Perrys gave their residence to the church to be used as the parish rectory.
Over-all dimensions: Two stories with attic and partially exposed basement. The structure is rectangular with a rear ell addition, and measures 32'-4" (four-bay front) x 48'-3".
The front stairhall/foyer opens into the front and rear parlors through doors in the west wall, and dining room in the north wall. Double doors in the rear parlor's north wall open into the rear ell addition. The "L" section consists of kitchen, workroom and den/study.
The second floor extends over the main block and is partitioned into four corner rooms - a stairhall and three bedrooms.